Updated: Sep 26, 2021
All of our luxury oud scented candles are lovingly hand made in the North West of England. So that they can provide your homes with hours of luxury fragrant euphoria, follow our tips to keep enjoying the experience and maintain the quality and life of the candle.
HOW TO BURN & EXTINGUISH YOUR OUD SCENTED CANDLE
1. Place candle in heat proof mat and in a well ventilated room, away from drafts, or fans which can cause soot or uneven burning.
2. On the first burn ensure the candle burns long enough (usually takes 2-3 hours in our normal size candles) for the wax to melt to the edge of the glass container, this will prevent tunneling.
3. Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm with our luxury matt black wick trimmer before every burn and also ensure the pool of wax is clear from any debris, the debris can act as a second wick and make your candle burn faster and also may create soot.
4. Extinguish the flame gently with our luxury matt black candle snuff to ensure the flame is safely put out, this is safer than blowing the flame out. Once the flame is out ensure the wick is straight and allow the wax to harden before relighting.
5. Lastly, once your luxury oud scented candle has come to an end (Such a shame, but you can always order more, why not try another scent in one of our lovely luxuriously oud scented candles?) you can safely recycle your glass jar or up-cycle them for other uses such as desk storage for stationery or storing your toothbrushes or make up brushes. Make sure to clean the jar first by removing the silver wick tab with a spoon and washing the jar with hot soapy water.